Tuesday, April 7, 2009

John in Toronto

Match 5

Opponent: John "Professor Silvian Kuerton"
Opponent Rating: 4.0
Date: Sun 30 Sep, 5pm
Location: Toronto, Moss Park
Surface: Hard
Result: 6-0 6-0



This was arranged at quite late notice with John getting in touch and making himself free for a Sunday afternoon game. We were at a city centre location with fire engines racing by, the smell of narcotics in the air and a chain link net. I've never played with one of those before(!) but it was ok.

I could see in the knock-up that John favoured his very whippy forehand so I put a lot of shots over towards his single-handed backhand. He's a left-hander so my forehand naturally went towards his backhand anyway. John is very quick around the court and hits his forehand well, but he gave me some errors and I came through ok.

John is playing Agassi later this year in Las Vegas after winning Head's "are you Radical enough?" competition, producing a 2 minute film. How cool is that! Here's the video:

http://www.head.com/radical/?tag=player&id=33

I obviously asked him to pass on my best wishes to Agassi. I've been playing with my Agassi Ltd Edition Radical since arriving in Canada (bought from Tennis Warehouse as I passed through San Luis Obispo) as my own little Agassi homage.

Toronto is a cool city and we've enjoyed our stay here. It's been nice not to be on the road for a while but tomorrow we set off for Ottawa and then on to Montreal. Might be playing another game there.

No comments:

Post a Comment